POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell goodies : Re: Haskell goodies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell goodies
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 31 Jan 2008 16:26:47
Message: <47a23d17$1@news.povray.org>
>> Interesting. IME, "travel" involves sitting in a moving vehicle for
>> hours feeling bored and uncomfortable. And let's put it this way: I
>> can't interact with people who speak my own language. How am I supposed
>> to get anywhere with people who don't even know what I'm saying?
>
> English is understood in many parts of the world.

Well, certainly a fair few waitresses in Switzerland spoke English
vastly better than I speak French. But not all of them. Heh. Do you
know, I actually still have a reciept in my jacket pocket so people know
what I'm after...

>> (I was about to add "and probably don't like me", but then I remembered
>> that that's normal anyway...)
>
> I call bullshit, Andy.  You may not realize it, but there are plenty of
> people who like you.

Er... really? :-.

> I've told you before, I don't interact with people
> I don't like, and I'm interacting with you.  That offer to go out for a
> Dr. Pepper when we're next over in the UK is still on, BTW.

*makes mental note* "Jim Henderson"...

> Unfortunately, it's still going to be a little bit before I actually get
> there, what with the US economy being tanked at the moment (and the
> exchange rates being great for those from Europe coming over here but not
> so good for those from the US going to visit in Europe).

The US economy is "tanked"? I thought they were the richest nation on Earth?

(I notice that the exchange rate for the £ to... almost anything is 2:1
or higher. Or so it seems anyway; that's probably not *literally* true...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/