POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VS Express editions? : Re: VS Express editions? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VS Express editions?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 31 Jan 2008 16:24:17
Message: <47a23c81@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> I installed VS C++ 2005, and immediately found that I could not set it
>> to assume that all strings were ASCII strings
>
>   Really? There's a setting in the project properties for this.

Maybe; but since I already have two compilers that work fine--and worked
fine out of the box without having to be set for it--why bother meddling
with a third?

And anyway, once the source was edited to compile, I went on to find
that the linker did not recognize some of the API calls, and I didn't
feel like diagnosing the cause.

Regards,
John