POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, who else has had this IRL? : Re: OK, who else has had this IRL? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OK, who else has had this IRL?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 31 Jan 2008 16:05:14
Message: <47a2380a$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:43:04 +0000, St. wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:58:46 +0000, St. wrote:
>
>>  It looks easy, but I'm sure there's a fair bit of code behind these
>> nodes.
>>
>> Yep, and if speed is what you're looking for, this isn't a good way to
>> get it.
>
>      What do you mean Jim? Do you mean in a RAM way with these flow
>      graphs?

No, I mean in terms of there being a lack of code-level performance
optimisation when programs are built like this.

>> But for quick RAD applications, I really liked it.
>
>      I can understand that after experiencing this method too.

Yeah, it was pretty cool.  I wish the company that had bought it hadn't
just decided to drop it before they vanished into space (some say
*literally* - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Firmage was one of the
founders).  There had been some talk back in 2000 about it being released
into the public domain (as the prior owners have moved on to other
careers).

Jim