POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : general technique? : Re: general technique? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: general technique?
From: St
Date: 31 Jan 2008 15:23:11
Message: <47a22e2f@news.povray.org>
"H@@kon" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.47a217e87b8d0c8a95b8a6100@news.povray.org...
> Hello!
>
> Just discovered Pov Ray and totally amazed of what people make.
> Could someone explain to me this:
>
> The most breathtaking pictures are using a lof of hours rendering, some a
> whole
> day.
>
> how do you make these pictures?
>
> do you code a lot before you render (and you visually know the result of
> your
> coding) OR is there a preview function with a lot of testing?
>
> I thought at first there was a lot of testing, but if a render takes 5-6
> hours
> then you really should "know" when to test...
>

> Sorry if this is a very stupid question, but really nags me...
> And appreciate every answer...

     Hi, and welcome. I just thought I'd chip in and mention that although
PoV-Ray is a fantastic rendering program, (and it is), the program itself is
adaptable to using other popular modeling progs like Wings3D, Poser, and the
like. The best tool to incorporate your models is PoseRay, a brilliant
(free) conversion (and many other things) program found here:
http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/ if you're that way inclined. But, try all
of the PoV primitives first and texture them in PoV because PoV is also
fantastic for texturing.

     ~Steve~