POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : waste of time! : Re: waste of time! Server Time
21 Jun 2024 01:53:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: waste of time!
From: nemesis
Date: 31 Jan 2008 13:17:15
Message: <47a210ab@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Alain escribió:
>> Now, how about adding some dispersion...
>
> And don't use CPU time as an excuse :)

you guys are amazing!  I'll add dispersion, and next you'll want media
ON in the material!  :P

but really, the best tip so far was the adc_bailout control variable.
What an amazing speed boost for so little loss in quality... BTW,
Nicolas, there is adc_bailout and max_trace_level specifically in the
global photons block as well.  Did you try that with the scene you
rendered for Sven?  Perhaps it'd drop down as well...

well, obviously normals are off in this scene so I'll test that eventually.

About the new bezier curve:  I think I'm getting the hang of it, but
it's still not perfect.  It shows some sharp divisions between one curve
segment and the next.  But now I think I know the reason:  the control
points should be further away from the tangential point.  It's much
easier to draw the curve and then edit the points to tweak the curve.

Next render, I hope I get some progress in that front...