POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) : Re: Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming)
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Jan 2008 11:13:23
Message: <47a1f3a3$1@news.povray.org>
>> Isn't this the same Sony who inflicted several million people with a
>> rootkit-based DRM "solution"?
>
>   AFAIK "Sony" is a conglomeration of several sub-companies, and the
> several sub-companies can be quite independent of each other. The policies
> of one sub-company might have nothing to do with the policies of another.

You may be right there.

I'm currently dealing with BT. Unfortunately, the guys who sell you the
product, the guys who do the engineering work to provide it, the people
who operate the network infrastructure, and the people who project
manage the whole provisioning process are independant companies.
(Altough they're all called "BT".) They also don't speak to each other
in any way...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/