POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) : Re: Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming)
From: Warp
Date: 31 Jan 2008 10:57:15
Message: <47a1efda@news.povray.org>
Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote:
> It surprises me that you can't speak English fluently.  It's definitely not
reflected in you writing skills.

  Writing something is easy because you don't have to think how it's
pronounced. Also, when writing you can stop to think how to say something
and you can go back and write something better and correct mistakes.
If I don't remember some term I can go and look it in the dictionary or
search the internet for it. Moreover, you can re-read what you have
written before sending it.

  When speaking you have to produce something fluent and comprehensible in
real-time, and you can't go back and fix a mistake or rewrite a sentence
in a better way, and you can't go and consult the dictionary or the internet
for a term you don't remember right now. What is worse, when speaking there
are more things which can go wrong than when writing, most prominently your
pronounciation. The worst case is when you simply don't know (or can't
remember) how to pronounce something, even if your sentence would otherwise
be completely fluent and good.

--
                                                          - Warp