POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene? : Re: Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene?
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 31 Jan 2008 10:36:48
Message: <47a1eb10$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers, Ger:

Thanks for that information. I thought until now, the operating system
handles the RAM, and the programs just forward their RAM requests to Windows
which would give them, what they need.

I don't knew that programs self address the RAM.

Bad to hear that software developers don't want to work with higher RAM
addresses. Thought, if RAM is available, the programs could reach it
dynamically, independent from intented borderlines (2 GB).

Thanks for the information, greetings,

Sven