POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Landscaping : Re: Landscaping Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:34:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscaping
From: William Tracy
Date: 31 Jan 2008 02:18:14
Message: <47a17636$1@news.povray.org>
Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> I'm trying to come up with a landscape for a scene I'm working on, but I can't
> seem to come up with anything suitable.  I've tried Terragen, World Machine,
> and several other programs.

I haven't used it, but Geomorph looks very interesting:
http://geomorph.sourceforge.net/

It's specifically designed for "painting" your own heightfields.

However, it seems to be pretty much Linux-only (with a FreeBSD port). As
a Linux nut, that makes me a little happier than it really should. :-)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

You know you've been raytracing too long when every computer upgrade you
have made in the past three years has been to accommodate more complex
images.
    -- Aaron Gage a.k.a Slartibartfast