POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell goodies : Re: Haskell goodies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell goodies
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 30 Jan 2008 13:19:22
Message: <47a0bfaa$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> No actually I think you have no idea what astonishment you create when
> you admit you have never heard of Russell or his profound impact on
> mathematics and logic.

Right. Well the history of... well anything really... isn't my strong point.

FWIW, I saw some pretty astonished faces when I admitted that I
mistakenly thought that Brazil is in Europe. (I now realise quite how
wrong I in fact was...)

> What makes it even more unbelievable is that you are an Englishman (or
> so you claim). The English tend to be rather proud of their own history
> (yes, he was English).

What can I say? I'm not very patriotic. (I know we suck at a number of
popular sports, despite the fact that we personally invented them...)

>> Who Russell is and what the paradox is about is rather orthoganol to
>> the point I was actually trying to make...
>>
> Yes, but this is off-topic, we are allowed to drift here.

OK, you win. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/