POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Solve this... : Re: Solve this... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solve this...
From: Warp
Date: 30 Jan 2008 11:30:38
Message: <47a0a62d@news.povray.org>
> I suppose that would work as well, though my way of asking was much
> shorter.

  I don't think it works.

  Let's assume that door A is the save one and door B isn't.

  If you ask the question to the sincere guard he would answer "if I were
to lie to you, I would say that B is the safe door".

  That's the truth. Thus the lying guard would have to lie and claim the
opposite: "If I were to lie to you, I would say that A is the safe door."

  Thus you can't know which door is the safe one.

--
                                                          - Warp