POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: andrel
Date: 24 Mar 2008 07:35:38
Message: <47E7A035.2080009@hotmail.com>
Allow me one other observation about another film with a link to WWII.
Here in the Netherlands we are constantly living under the threat that a
person by the name of Wilders is going to release a film about the
Islam. From what we know about the way he thinks and from what he
himself announced, the message is more or less that the Islam is a
fascistoid religion. Even though it 'should' have been released months
ago, he is postponing the date everytime. Either because the film does
not exist or because he knows that threatening to release it is more
effective than actually releasing.
Although his right to offend Muslims falls under the freedom of
expression, many people think that it is unwise because of the expected
violent reaction in Islamic countries. Indeed some muslim
fundamentalists abroad have already made sure that their followers are
reminded of the Danish cartoons and reinstated the old habit of burning
Danish and now also Dutch flags.
Moral of this story: religious people are better organized than
atheists. So, what's new?