POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outlook Express : Re: Outlook Express Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outlook Express
From: andrel
Date: 26 Feb 2008 03:35:08
Message: <47C3CF51.20808@hotmail.com>
scott wrote:
[snip]
> With top-posting, you can just read the top (people start reading from
> the top usually) of every post to follow the conversation.
I don't. I just read the new lines and if I don't remember the context
from yesterday I read the lines above.

> Seems I am in the minority of usenet users - although apparently the
> majority of people who use email.  Actually it would *really* annoy me
> if all the emails I got had their replies at the bottom rather than the
> top.
Interesting. I do use bottom posting, or actually in between posting,
even in e-mails. It was only recent that some people started complaining
about it that it confused them. They have in common that they were
fairly recent additions to the digital world. So it might be an acquired
taste, or there are some mail readers about that visually don't handle
it well, I don't know. I explain that I do it because it keeps context
and that in case if they ask more than one question it otherwise either
gets confusing or I have to repeat the question myself to provide the
lost context. In general they accept it (possibly as just another
peculiarity of mine).

Anyway in pure bottom or top posting there is no need to include the
original message, hence they should not exist.