POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CSG tree of Unions : Re: CSG tree of Unions Server Time
17 May 2024 03:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG tree of Unions
From: Leroy
Date: 5 Feb 2008 23:44:44
Message: <47A93A7C.5030209@joplin.com>
I've been following your adventures in animation with some interest as I
have travel down that road also.
  I started with still poses of robots made from scratch for each pose.
Then I put all the angles to position body parts in separate file. As I
used the Robots for still pictures I had a robot POV that made the robot
that could be call from a scene file. The scene file would have the pose
file name and pass it to the robot, the robot would read it, make a
robot, then pass back an object call 'Robot'. The Scene file could place
that 'Robot' anywhere ya wanted. I could have several robots in various
positions and poses in a scene. Once I had a few poses I made a few
different robot POVs that could use those pose files.
  Now on to animation. I decided I had all those poses it would be nice
if I could have a robot move. I've seen that you've been asking about
the same stuff I found out through trial and error. I have an web page

http://leroywhetstone.s5.com/

It has the result of my animting robots. I went with ....
I'll let you check out that web page before I turn this post into a
novel. It should be helpful.

Have Fun!