POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell goodies : Re: Haskell goodies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell goodies
From: andrel
Date: 31 Jan 2008 15:48:12
Message: <47A2341A.7070207@hotmail.com>
Invisible wrote:
>>> I never did understand how travel is supposed to teach you anything.
>>> (Other than how to feel lost and afraid - which I already know how to
>>> do.)
>>
>> Going places and interacting with people teaches you about how people
>> behave.
>
> Interesting. IME, "travel" involves sitting in a moving vehicle for
> hours feeling bored and uncomfortable. And let's put it this way: I
> can't interact with people who speak my own language. How am I supposed
> to get anywhere with people who don't even know what I'm saying?

One of the great things of being abroad is that they don't know you have
problems interacting. They'll put it down to you being a foreigner and
will be much more responsive than the people around you who know how a
ordinary member of society should behave.

> (I was about to add "and probably don't like me", but then I remembered
> that that's normal anyway...)

You know what? I guess quite a lot of people here might like you when
you would meet them IRL. Unlikely of course as you don't travel and most
of us only go to interesting places when given a choice.