POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Landscaping : Re: Landscaping Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscaping
From: Leroy
Date: 29 Jan 2008 23:54:22
Message: <47A0024C.60402@joplin.com>
Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> I'm trying to come up with a landscape for a scene I'm working on, but I can't
> seem to come up with anything suitable.  I've tried Terragen, World Machine,
> and several other programs.
>
> I have rather specific needs for my landscape, so, obviously, the best solution
> would be to draw it myself, but I have no Idea how.
>
> I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial
> of some sort.

I know what you mean. I downloaded a lot of programs to make height
feilds and never did get one I liked.
So... I made my own.
If you have windows 98 or better I have programs that make and modify
height feilds. They are at:
  http://leroywhetstone.s5.com/Win_Programs.html
The height feild maker uses contour lines as a map. It gives you great
control of the lay of the land.
I also have a program that modify height feild tgas.

Hope this helps!