POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : candle flames : Re: candle flames Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:44:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: candle flames
From: Alain
Date: 28 Jan 2008 15:19:48
Message: <479e38e4$1@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/28 12:18:
> "bluetree" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
>> It would be great if someone could tell me the mistake, I made. ;)
>> As you saw on the pictures, without radiosity the flames were visible, with
>> radiosity not...
>> I surely made something wrong, but I can't find it. :)
>>
>> Regards
>>              bluetree
>
> As I recall media does not work properly inside objects, er something to that
> effect.
Media work inside objects with the "hollow" key word. It's the sole purpose of
that key word.

> The whole thing might be helpful, if the right person saw it.
>
> also I saw "media off"
>
> Peace,
> aQ

media 0 (or off) in the radiosity tells radiosity to ignore media participation:
default value.

--
Alain
When you don’t know what to do, walk fast and look worried.