POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Landscaping : Re: Landscaping Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscaping
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 28 Jan 2008 14:17:04
Message: <479e2a30$1@news.povray.org>
Anthony D. Baye wrote:

> I have rather specific needs for my landscape, so, obviously, the best solution
> would be to draw it myself, but I have no Idea how.

You can use a rough manually drawn height field as an input to
World Machine and then smooth it and layer some random stuff on
to make it look more real as in

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C463bbad2%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=3

The input file was a simple low resolution b/w image, don't remember
what program I used to create it, might even have been Paint although
I'm not sure if it can write a grayscale format directly readable by
World Machine. Gimp will be fine, though.