POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene? : Re: Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene?
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 28 Jan 2008 08:41:16
Message: <479ddb7c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Jan,

I added that line to my photon global statement, and so far, I recognize
that POV-Ray behaves very different to how it was doing the map before.

Yes, there is a clear speed bonus, I recognized that when setting POV to a
resolution of 160x120. Now I have started at 3200x2400, and wait until some
result or crash comes. The blocks of photos are now much smaller (before:
ca. 40,000 before each break, now only 320). I will keep you up to date.

Sven