POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. : Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post.
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 27 Jan 2008 14:15:12
Message: <479cd840$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
>>> We must read different books but I do remember that laptop :)
>> Ohhhh yes, it was a monster.
>
> There is a generation gap here :) I thought Alienware was a super duper OS from
> "elsewhere" :)

It kinda sounds like it could be, but no.  They're just really beefy
computers. :)

>> I got to take my friend's apart once.
>
> When I get a new one I intend to strip down my laptop and clean it till it dies
> :)

It's always good to strip them down and blow the dust out of them from
time to time.  They don't like dust.

Oh yeah, if you do take it apart, I can almost guarantee that you'll
wind up with stray screws when you put it back together.  I swear,
laptops have dynamic screw holes; they reposition themselves at will
just to mess with your head.

> I meant that the production costs of the camera should have a large proportion
> allocated to the lens.

Oh, right.

Now that you mention it, I did end up pricing lenses and...yeah.  Quite
expensive.

>> I've only shocked myself twice so far (low voltage, low amperage...no
>> worries). ;]
>
> Respect! :)
> Who cares about the voltage? It only hurts. :-)
> It certainly wakens you up, though.

Haha, yes.

Thankfully, not a whole lot of amperage in the area that I was working
on.  Had I touched the power supply while the thing was plugged in,
well, I might be in trouble.

What's kind of funny about low voltage sources is that they don't even
hurt, really.  About all you feel are your muscles spasming.  Depending
on the voltage and all that, you might feel cramps later on (that
happened all up my arm on my first time, only in my hand for a brief
time on my second).

>> The part that's sort of rough is that my class hours are 5pm-2am.  Very eww.
>
> They seem strange hours for a college, to me. I can't believe that studding at
> those times would be conducive to understanding.

It's not really a college, it's job training.  This is basically my job
right now.  I can't complain, I get paid to come here. :)

> I would need to go into "Nightshift" mode. How do you cope with that?

It took about a week for my body to adjust, I'd say.  I just started
going to bed later and later until I'd gotten myself on a 4am-12pm sleep
schedule (or something along those lines).

It actually took longer for my stomach to adapt.  When I first started I
suddenly started getting a voracious appetite  Thankfully, it's curbed
itself back down to normal now. :)

--
-Ian