POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : POV-Ray: Files: Conversion : Re: POV-Ray: Files: Conversion Server Time
22 Jun 2024 21:34:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray: Files: Conversion
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 27 Jan 2008 10:51:29
Message: <479ca881$1@news.povray.org>
Warp,

thanks for the link. But, despite of my request, I knew already all this.
There is one POV-to-other file converter, but that one is pretty outdated. I
am talking about "Crossroads". Time for a new one, who can handle the latest
scene syntax.

Maybe, it should be the POV-Ray team which then should offer a conversion to
at least one other, common 3D file format. I agree with the posting text of
the link, you provided: a conversion requires full render engine
understanding (compilation), so that is why I think, the POV-Ray team should
add such a useful and long-expected feature. it is required, by many. And
since they have the full access and understanding to the syntax
interpretion, the task is on their side.

I HEREWITH REQUEST THAT FEATURE.

Nevertheless, if anyone still knows some conversion tool (POV to others), it
would be just great!

Sven