POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Request - Texture Override, Help Request : Re: Feature Request - Texture Override, Help Request Server Time
21 May 2024 10:44:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request - Texture Override, Help Request
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 26 Jan 2008 21:10:41
Message: <479be821$1@news.povray.org>

> As you'll see in this scene, the bricks in each section are textured
> with individual pigment values. Because of this, any texture applied
> to the o_Road object has no impact. I can apply the stripes to the
> bricks as they are created, but doing so causes obvious uniformity in
> the stripes. I'd rather have the stripes not be uniform and instead
> have some slight curvature to them as they are drawn down the road.
> Furthermore, I'd also like to be able to apply an overall "dirt"
> texture that is more pronounced at the edges of the road and not
> obviously uniform.

If you put the normal texture, and then the dirt texture (one after the
other, as layered textures), each brick would look the same. But try
putting the dirt texture *after translating the brick into place*. That
will make the dirt texture centered on the origin of the scene (well,
not exactly), while keeping the base texture centered on the origin of
the brick before translating.

It should look the same as if you had put the dirt texture on the whole
union with all the bricks.