POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray: Photons: save_file: Continue? : Re: POV-Ray: Photons: save_file: Continue? Server Time
2 May 2024 14:59:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray: Photons: save_file: Continue?
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 26 Jan 2008 19:06:44
Message: <479bcb14$1@news.povray.org>
Your answer hits my worst fears: after three days working on a photon file
which has not yet been saved, all is lost!

My question is: why allows POV a scene to be continued, but not a photon
file?

Please, developers, create the possibility to also continue the photon map
file after a stop (of which reason ever). POV-Ray partially writes data into
an image, so it can continue where the previous render was stopped. Could
the same procedure of partial writing into a file not be applied to the
photon file, as well?

THIS IS A FEATURE REQUEST.

Sven

"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:479bc587@news.povray.org...