POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : new news client : Re: new news client Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new news client
From: Alain
Date: 25 Jan 2008 11:42:02
Message: <479a115a$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/25 11:05:

> ok, after getting fed up with either the news.povray.org web interface
> or our proxy, I got to finally try out some newsgroups clients.
>
> At home I installed Mozilla Thunderbird and it's fine enough for the
> task.  Here at work, I tried to install it, but our admins blocked
> downloads
> of executables.  That's ok, because I discovered it was still possible
> to install it by ftp, they seemingly were only aware of how to block http
> requests.  Today, though, I sadly found out that they now blocked ftp as
> well, so I felt out of options.  except...
>
> except that I have the hateful Lotus Notes here.  Hate it, but found out
> that it does newsgroups as well.  Well, here I am!  does it look good to
> you?
> if not, say it that I'll drop the damned thing altogether... :D
Have you tryed "cheating"?
Request an executable, but ask to save it as, say, a JPG, or DOC, or PPS file,
or some other extention...
Or, from home, upload it on any file sharing site, but with some custom
extention. You then retreive it from your work computer. Once you have it, just
rename with the correct extention.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when your personal correspondence to