POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone use Povray for things other than making images? : Re: Anyone use Povray for things other than making images? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone use Povray for things other than making images?
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 24 Jan 2008 22:18:30
Message: <47995506@news.povray.org>
>I was considering writing a webserver, except I don't know how to suppress
>all
> the text that scrolls by upon program launch.

You would need to find a version of POV compiled
with the splash removed to suppress all the windows on
your server... I think the Linux version is that way.
For the windows version you could do (from CMD)...

pvengine /EXIT +I"file.pov" -d -ga +W640 +H480

where -d turns off the render preview window,
and -ga turns off the output to the message window,

and set the Options | Other Settings | Use Editor to
off from inside POV to keep the editor from loading

but the splash screen and message startup will still show.

Of course you could set up a virtual PC and allow it
to pop up whatever it wants, since you can hide everthing
anyways. Crashes would be less likely to change anything
important then too.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx