POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where are the suggestions in this news group? : Re: Where are the suggestions in this news group? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are the suggestions in this news group?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Jan 2008 13:09:55
Message: <4798d473@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 00:52:24 -0400, Saul Luizaga wrote:

> Is 2 weeks,let me put it this way:
>
> I use SeaMonkey Mail&News Groups, I didn't had off-topic set to download
> the messages I had to see them online only, after a few days I set today
> to download the messages and since it only had the headers couldn't
> download the body for messages 2 weeks before today, so, SeaMonkey
> Mail&News Groups started to delete those headers, proving the servers
> time limited storage. I hope this is clear enough.

You may only be downloading 2 weeks worth in SeaMonkey; I looked directly
at the server, and in Pan, I just downloaded messages from early December
as well as the earliest message dated Nov 21 2007:

Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:51:37 +0100
From: Fa3ien <fab### [at] yourshoesskynetbe>
Newsgroups: povray.off-topic
Subject: gathering infos from web pages

(posting just the header, but the message body includes the text:

Hi,
in our country, we have a government-operated official website which
publishes opportunities in public tender.

)

That your reader isn't pulling messages from > 2 weeks ago doesn't mean
that those messages do not exist on the server.

I hope *that* clears it up once and for all.  10 weeks worth of messages
exist on the server.  *Not* 2.

Jim