POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Suggestion fora new feature in POV-Ray : Re: Suggestion fora new feature in POV-Ray Server Time
9 May 2024 02:33:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion fora new feature in POV-Ray
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 24 Jan 2008 12:33:42
Message: <4798cbf6@news.povray.org>
Thank you for the guide lines nemesis, very interesting, didn't know
many of this stuff. But what I meant is that the editor could be more
than just a start or stop of POV-Ray, could be a config manager(memory,
defaults, output format, etc) and all other stuff a normal IDE does,
since, as you maight know, POV-Ray is only a DOS-line Raytracer in its
core.

  Anyway, I thought that the IDE did some special tasks with the
renderer pre- and at runtime, like serving files, parameters, config
preferences and other stuff it may need but looks like I thoght wrong. I
figured that both passed info to each other in special may: with shared
variables or other data structures directly in memory.

  A few questions please(I've always wondered about theses):
1) DDE is sucha practice?
2) Why does windows have sucha implementation for programs?
3) and to complete the previous question. What are the most effective
ways to pass parameter without using a command line. Command line looks
like rustic/rough way to pass data to another program, should both
programs communicate with each other directly in memory? I figure that
they could have specialized functions to ask each other attention to
communicate (pass data/parameters, request functions/calculus or any
other unteraction).

  Pardon my ignorance.

Regards.
Saul.