POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web design IE mysterium : Re: Web design IE mysterium Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web design IE mysterium
From: Rune
Date: 23 Jan 2008 22:14:18
Message: <4798028a@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" wrote:

>> Now I've reverted to using some good old tables
>
> *vomits*

Yeah, I know that many people feel like that.

Them: Don't use tables for layout purposes!

Me: Okay, so what do I do instead to get the same result?

Them: Use this more complicated method here with lots of nested divs, then
apply this long list of browser-specific hacks in order to make it work in
all major browsers.

Me: And how exactly is that better than using a simpler table approach that
works exactly as expected, is consistent across browsers, and is equally
user-friendly?

Them: Because using tables is baaaad...!

Seriously, if you can show me a way that works equally well as my table
approach without raising the complexity a lot, I'd be very interested. It's
not like I haven't tried.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com