POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray window on top in Gnome : Re: Povray window on top in Gnome Server Time
17 May 2024 00:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray window on top in Gnome
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Jan 2008 17:01:27
Message: <4797b937$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:49:58 -0500, HENON fabien wrote:

> Bonsai <bon### [at] b0n541net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> HENON fabien schrieb:
>> > Does anyone know what is the equivalent in a gnome environement ?
>>
>> Right mouse click on window title will give you a menu where you can
>> select what you want. Unfortunately I don't know a command line
>> solution.

> After some googling, I found devil spie, but to make it work seems
> tricky. Has anyone been able to make it work ?

Well, I often will flag a window as "Always on Top"; but if you're
developing a program, as an end-user, I'd implore you not to decide
what's most important to be in the foreground on my desktop, please.

I absolutely hate when apps decide to steal the focus from what I'm
interested in looking at.

Jim