POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Suggestion fora new feature in POV-Ray : Re: Suggestion fora new feature in POV-Ray Server Time
9 May 2024 10:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion fora new feature in POV-Ray
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 23 Jan 2008 11:01:48
Message: <479764ec$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> make an option to use the current or neXtgen IDEs
>
> what is that supposed to mean?  Do you mean to use an IDE to type povray SDL
> code?  What has povray the renderer to do with that?  Povray even comes with a
> pretty nice IDE on its own on Windows.
>
> Povray SDL is just a programming language and if there is a plugin for some IDE
> which handles povray SDL, then go for it.  Vim is a text editor and it already
> comes packed with a pretty nice syntax highlight mode for povray SDL.  Couple
> that with vim's textual completion facilities and macros and you're sold.
> There's also a plugin for Eclipse which handles povray SDL -- Povclipse.  Not
> to count visual modellers, not IDEs, which either export a povray scene file or
> nicely integrates with it -- Blender and Wings3D the former, KPovModeller and
> Moray the latter...
>
> Povray has nothing to do with any of these projects.  And it shouldn't.

OK, let me explain why I suggested this:
-neXtgen is a IDE for POV-Ray, so is dedicated to interact with POV-Ray
and ONLY with POV-Ray. SO I thought since I have tryed and is nice, I
would like to use the editor but have POV_Ray handy, the obvious
solution is to integrate neXtgen into POV-Ray as an alternative built-in
editor.

  I know that this should be ALOT more difficult than I can think of,
that's why I wanted to know either way, if it was feasible or not. I
guess not since looks like POV 4 is taken a lot of time and effort from
the POV-Team. I just suggested in case they wanted it as an alternative
editor since the POV-Team is making a "new" POV-Ray, remaking
copyrighted source, so this could be inserted in this stage of POV-Ray's
development I presume, since CODEMAX is a commercial plug-in doanted to
POV-Ray.

Regards.Saul.