POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Grrrr at ATI : Re: Grrrr at ATI Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grrrr at ATI
From: scott
Date: 23 Jan 2008 02:42:50
Message: <4796effa$1@news.povray.org>
>> Maybe they have more important things to throw their resources at
>> currently?
>
>> I'm sure they'd rather fix some smaller bug in the Windows drivers than
>> this
>> bug - there's the potential to lose a lot more business with small bugs
>> in
>> Windows than big bugs in Linux.
>
>  That doesn't explain why they don't even aknowledge it.

Do they usually test reported bugs themselves before acknowledging them on
their website?  Perhaps they just haven't gone through the internal
processes yet that allows them to officially acknowledge a bug?

Maybe they don't want to discourage other people from ATI?  If I was ATI I
wouldn't exactly put at the top of my buglist "Fans don't work and chipset
overheats - known for 1.5 years not fixed"...

On the other hand, maybe they know the bug will go away with new cards - and
the bug is too much effort to fix with current cards.  So, in fact, they are
just ignoring it and hope it will go away.

What's your theory?  Has anyone tried to actually contact them on the
subject?