POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pachelbel Rant : Re: Pachelbel Rant Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pachelbel Rant
From: Shay
Date: 22 Jan 2008 13:38:01
Message: <47963809@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

 > I think you'd probably agree that you don't have to like the theme
 > from Jaws to get apprehensive when you hear it, and you don't have
 > to like classical music to agree that Ode to Joy is not a sad
 > song.

That's almost cheating. Songs could easily be chosen for which the
response is not as obvious.

How about "Foggy Mountain Breakdown"?
Singing monks make some apprehensive, some pensive, some rapturous.
Bach: ominous on organ - regal on harpsichord.

It's easy to make the case in the book when we select from genre-ized
music which has already been squeezed into categories based on how it
makes most people feel.

  -Shay