POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : re: Jim Charter's 2007 : Re: Jim Charter's 2007 Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jim Charter's 2007
From: Shay
Date: 22 Jan 2008 13:15:20
Message: <479632b8$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:

 > My brother is as fine a goal-oriented, self-made-successful,
 > athletic, health-conscious, generous, avucular example as ever a
 > niece and nephew could want...  and he scares the living crap out
 > of my kids.

They don't have to like him or in any way want to be like him, but I
think it's important that they see that there are alternatives. I've
done myself a lot of harm in life by blindly accepting behaviors for
which I was never presented an alternative. I was lucky early-on to
stumble into some of these alternatives through witless rebellion.
Slowly, I'm figuring out some of the others, but I might have saved
myself a lot of grief had I (literally) seen as a kid that I could ABC
instead of XYZ.

  -Shay