POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : texture_map bug : Re: texture_map bug Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture_map bug
From: Alain
Date: 21 Jan 2008 23:03:22
Message: <47956b0a$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/21 19:14:
> Alain wrote:
>> Using aa, I can't reproduce.
>> Using focal blur, I can reproduce in some cases: Camera inside a box
>> with the pattern.
>> Windows XP pro corporate SP2
>> AMD Athlon 1400 MHz 1.5 GB of RAM.
>>

> I justed this scene, and it caused POV to abruptly shut down:
>
> // begin code
> camera{
>  location -z
>  look_at 0
> }
>
> sphere{0,1
>  texture{
>   bumps
>   texture_map{
>    [0 pigment{rgb 1}]
>    [1 pigment{rgb 1} finish{reflection 1}]
>   }
>  }
> }
> // end code
>
> This also crashes POV:
>
> // begin code
> sphere{0,1
>  texture{
>   bozo
>   texture_map{
>    [0 pigment{rgb 0}]
>    [1 pigment{rgb 0} finish{reflection 1}]
>   }
>  }
> }
> // end code
>
> For both of these tests I used neither antialiasing nor focal blur. I
> tested it without command line options and got the same result.
>
> It should be noted that this happens regardless the thread count.
>
> Sam
Tried all sample texture_map. On a single spheres and on a pair of tangent
spheres. With and without aa and focal blur. All renders completed normaly.
Only abrupt exit is with the camera inside a box with the frist example
texture_map. Did not try the last two on the box.
It may be a thing about single core VS. multi cores architecture...
You on a quad core, me on a single core.

--
Alain
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.