POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pachelbel Rant : Re: Pachelbel Rant Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pachelbel Rant
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Jan 2008 20:50:38
Message: <47954bee$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>
>  > While I haven't read the book, I talked to my brother who had.
>  > According to what he said, you're incorrect. Many people react the
>  > same way to music, inside the brain at least.
>  >

> I'm no expert, but this doesn't "ring true."

I also remember he said it discussed things like why some music sounds
omnious/spooky, while other music sounds triumphant, why some makes you
tap your foot and others make you nod your head.

I think you'd probably agree that you don't have to like the theme from
Jaws to get apprehensive when you hear it, and you don't have to like
classical music to agree that Ode to Joy is not a sad song.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it