POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : texture_map bug : Re: texture_map bug Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture_map bug
From: stbenge
Date: 21 Jan 2008 19:14:09
Message: <47953551@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> Using aa, I can't reproduce.
> Using focal blur, I can reproduce in some cases: Camera inside a box
> with the pattern.
> Windows XP pro corporate SP2
> AMD Athlon 1400 MHz 1.5 GB of RAM.

I justed this scene, and it caused POV to abruptly shut down:

// begin code
camera{
  location -z
  look_at 0
}

sphere{0,1
  texture{
   bumps
   texture_map{
    [0 pigment{rgb 1}]
    [1 pigment{rgb 1} finish{reflection 1}]
   }
  }
}
// end code

This also crashes POV:

// begin code
sphere{0,1
  texture{
   bozo
   texture_map{
    [0 pigment{rgb 0}]
    [1 pigment{rgb 0} finish{reflection 1}]
   }
  }
}
// end code

For both of these tests I used neither antialiasing nor focal blur. I
tested it without command line options and got the same result.

It should be noted that this happens regardless the thread count.

Sam