POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pachelbel Rant : Re: Pachelbel Rant Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pachelbel Rant
From: Warp
Date: 21 Jan 2008 18:38:38
Message: <47952cfe@news.povray.org>
Shay <sha### [at] nonenone> wrote:
> I'm no expert, but this doesn't "ring true." I feel like I have
> completely different reactions "inside the brain" to different types of
> music and that non-music things sometimes produce identical reactions to
> some types of music. So, everyone's reacting to "music" in such a
> universal way seems impossible. I suppose much depends on the "music"
> used in the study. I could buy that most people react the same way to
> Wagner ... but to Ween??

  I suppose culture and experience affects how the brain reacts to music,
even at the subconscious/instinctive level.

  The brain of an adult person who has never heard any music whatsoever
in his life would probably react in all possible ways differently than
the brain of a person who has composed and played music from age 4 to
adulthood.

  Of course these are extreme cases, but it shows that some differences
must exist depending on the culture and experiences of the person.

--
                                                          - Warp