POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : texture_map bug : Re: texture_map bug Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture_map bug
From: Alain
Date: 21 Jan 2008 10:40:29
Message: <4794bced$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/21 01:51:
> Found another one... This one occurs when using a texture_map where one
> of the entries contains a reflection value which is > 1-2/256. An
> example of this would be:
>
> texture{
>  granite
>  texture_map{
>   [0 pigment{rgb 0}]
>   [1
>    pigment{rgb 0}
>    finish{reflection 1}
>   ]
>  }
> }
>
> It does not seem to occur during test renders. It happens only when
> either antialiasing or focal blur is used for a final render. There is
> no error per-se; POV-Ray simply shuts down without warning, error
> message, or log file. I was fortunate to discover that using reflection
> 1-2/256 would not cause POV to simply shut down on me.
>
> I tested this with 3.7.beta.24 and 3.7.beta.23. Both the standard and
> sse2 versions were used, with all versions producing the same bug.
> Version 3.6 and MegaPOV 1.2.1 worked perfectly.
>
> Here are my system specs:
>
> Microsoft Windows XP
> Home Edition
> Version 2002
> Service Pack 2
>
> Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU
> Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
> 2.40 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
>
> Sam
Using aa, I can't reproduce.
Using focal blur, I can reproduce in some cases: Camera inside a box with the
pattern.
Windows XP pro corporate SP2
AMD Athlon 1400 MHz 1.5 GB of RAM.

--
Alain
Caught Asleep At Your Work Desk

Just in case your boss catches you asleep at your desk, be ready to blurt out
this excuse #1:  I was working smarter - not harder.