POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : texture_map bug : texture_map bug Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  texture_map bug
From: stbenge
Date: 21 Jan 2008 01:51:46
Message: <47944102@news.povray.org>
Found another one... This one occurs when using a texture_map where one
of the entries contains a reflection value which is > 1-2/256. An
example of this would be:

texture{
  granite
  texture_map{
   [0 pigment{rgb 0}]
   [1
    pigment{rgb 0}
    finish{reflection 1}
   ]
  }
}

It does not seem to occur during test renders. It happens only when
either antialiasing or focal blur is used for a final render. There is
no error per-se; POV-Ray simply shuts down without warning, error
message, or log file. I was fortunate to discover that using reflection
1-2/256 would not cause POV to simply shut down on me.

I tested this with 3.7.beta.24 and 3.7.beta.23. Both the standard and
sse2 versions were used, with all versions producing the same bug.
Version 3.6 and MegaPOV 1.2.1 worked perfectly.

Here are my system specs:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002