POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web design IE mysterium : Re: Web design IE mysterium Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web design IE mysterium
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 21 Jan 2008 01:37:09
Message: <47943d95$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
>> As you've seen, however, CSS is still horribly broken.  I can't even
>> tolerate doing any sort of web design work anymore thanks to IE. :(
>
> Because it's physically impossible to make a webpage without using CSS
> or CSS features that IE doesn't render properly.  Gotcha.

Standards were created for a reason.  The second you have to start
intentionally modifying your code to dodge implementation issues it
completely defeats the point of having the standard in the first place.

And really, since when should it be the web designer's responsibility to
mangle their perfectly compliant page just because Microsoft can't seem
to fix their broken web browser after this many years?

I suppose I just fail to see why me complaining about a perfectly valid
issue *that many web designers complain about* could possibly warrant
that sort of response.

--
-Ian