POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web design IE mysterium : Re: Web design IE mysterium Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web design IE mysterium
From: stbenge
Date: 20 Jan 2008 16:21:03
Message: <4793bb3f@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:
> "Tim Attwood" wrote:
>> I think "clear both" is buggy in IE7
>> http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200603/new_clearing_method_needed_for_ie7/
>
> I didn't see any solution I could understand in that article, but the
> problem was indeed "clear:both".
>
> Now I've reverted to using some good old tables, and everything works fine
> in IE 6 and Firefox 2.
> http://runevision.com/temp/new_design_test.htm
>
> The menu items to the right are far more spaced in IE than in Firefox
> though. Don't know why.

I tested your site again with both FF 2.0.0.3 and IE 7, and I see no
such difference.

> Also, could someone with IE 7 let me know if the problem with the bottom of
> the boxes is still there?

I found neither hide nor hair of the pesky white boxes. It would appear
that you have managed to eradicate that particular problem. In fact, the
page actually looks *better* in IE due to the automatic antialising of
page fonts.

Sam