POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web design IE mysterium : Re: Web design IE mysterium Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web design IE mysterium
From: Alain
Date: 20 Jan 2008 14:01:45
Message: <47939a99@news.povray.org>
stbenge nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/20 01:48:
> Rune wrote:
>
>> This page works fine in Firefox 2.0:
>> http://runevision.com/temp/new_design_test.htm
>
> I use FF 2.0.0.3 and I see no problems.
>
>> However, when I view it with IE 6 some of the boxes are completely
>> white, or flickers white, and they also have a white, unshaded left
>> border. I have really no idea what causes this, and haven't been able
>> to find help on the net (I don't know what to search for).
>>
>> Do you see the same artefacts in IE? Are you using IE6 or IE7?
>
> I tested your site with IE7, and I see a couple of rendering errors. The
> first occurs at every 'box'. It manifests as a continuance of the
> left/right box graphics extending below the bottom graphic (shown in
> attached image). I also get the unshaded left border at each box. All
> these boxes are affected by the unshaded left border: 'Fractal Structure
> And Some Red', 'Burn in Hell', 'No More Chrome Spheres Please', 'Merry
> Christmas on The South Pole', 'Tunnel', 'Impossible Triangle', 'Red
> Dragon', 'Tubes', 'Torus Fractal', 'Green Dragon' and 'Pens'.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
>> Any idea how to fix it?
>
> Yeah, convince the world not to use IE :)
>
> Sam
>
> P.S. I'm still finding (good) uses for your Illusion include file!

Page open side by side in both Firefox 2.0.0.11 and IE7. They both look
identical, apart from a 1 point font size difference. No graphycal glitch or
anomaly here.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when whenever you write include, even