POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. : Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post.
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 20 Jan 2008 01:33:35
Message: <4792eb3f$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> I'm just not interested in cars. I quite like driving and I loved the drive from
> Miami to Key West I did about 10 years ago.

I'm going to be dealing with a shared car situation the entire time I'm
in Tampa.  So far it's been quite...uhh...let's just say this is the
first time I've been without a car for an extended period of time since
I was 16.  It probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't drive something
like 1600 miles in the two weeks before I got here. :P

Ah well, I'll live.

> Living in London you don't need a car, in fact it is an inconvenience. What with

> at an average of 4 mph, I take the bus and tube.

Yikes.

The whole thing about traffic going at 4 mph reminds me of Cleveland
rush hour traffic.  My speeds pretty much ranged from 0 to 85, just by
keeping up with traffic and not doing anything stupid.

> I've had a scene with a routmaster (traditional London bus) in my mind for a
> couple of years. I'm just building up my skills before I start. It should be
> ready for Pov Ver 4 :)

Heh. :P

I'm looking forward to seeing that if you ever slap it together.

--
-Ian