POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Contribution Drive? : Re: Contribution Drive? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:31:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Contribution Drive?
From: Warp
Date: 19 Jan 2008 17:24:20
Message: <47927894@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> So, I would like to try an experiment: A group collaboration.  We'll
> pick a topic (probably something like "tables" or "chairs" or even
> "writing utensils"), and several people will each contribute one or two
> items to it.

  IMO those objects should also be parametrized so that you can change
their geometry with identifiers (or macro parameters).

  For example, you might find a table model which is just perfect, except
that its legs are too tall. There should be an identifier you can declare
before the #include (or before calling the macro) which changes the length
of the legs.

  In the #include file this can be implemented eg. like this:

#ifndef SOMEID_TABLE_LEG_LENGTH
#declare SOMEID_TABLE_LEG_LENGTH = 5;
#end

or, alternatively:

#local SOMEID_TABLE_LEG_LENGTH = 5;
#ifdef SOMEID_TABLE_LEG_FACTOR
  #local SOMEID_TABLE_LEG_LENGTH =
    SOMEID_TABLE_LEG_LENGTH * SOMEID_TABLE_LEG_FACTOR;
#end

--
                                                          - Warp