POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. : Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post.
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 19 Jan 2008 12:42:44
Message: <47923694$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
>> What kind of methods do the Broadcasters Audience Research Board (BARB?)
>> use?
>
> Since you know the acronym you probably know more about it already than I do.
> All I can do is give this link.
> http://www.barb.co.uk/index1.cfm?flag=home

I just guessed the acronym based on the name of the organization,
actually. :P

Looks like they do things in a similar way to how Nielsen does it...not
too surprising.  Here's some more info about how Nielsen does its ratings:

http://tinyurl.com/z3are

(apologies for the TinyURL link -- the normal one is 143 characters long)

>> Some markets are spread out
>> kind of far from what I understand.
>
> Given the geography of the States I would think so too :)

Indeed.

I guess the field rep for the state of Maine basically covers the entire
state.  I don't think I'd want to do that much driving. :)

> Ah! My car is blue. It has been over a year since I put fuel into it.
> </Interest> :-)

Whoops! :P

--
-Ian