POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : xkcd : Re: xkcd Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xkcd
From: Warp
Date: 19 Jan 2008 05:11:03
Message: <4791ccb7@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> 2) Some ten years ago we wanted to throw a big party and a son of a
> colleague of ours proposed to organize the music. He had played DJ at
> many (school)parties, was interested in various kinds of music, had some
> equipment and could easily arrange for the rest. We talked a bit to him
> while organizing the party. It turned out that he had never heard of the
> Beatles (he was about 17 years old at that time). That resulted in the
> same lower jaw movement as your apparent unfamiliarity with e.g.
> stallman, jobs and brown.

  I can't even imagine how someone who listens and plays music as a hobby
(I assume for several years) has never heard of a music group which
basically every westerner and the majority of the rest of the world has
heard about.

  OTOH, it could be explained by really bad memory. There are those people...

--
                                                          - Warp