POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : xkcd : Re: xkcd Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xkcd
From: andrel
Date: 18 Jan 2008 17:14:15
Message: <479124C4.6090107@hotmail.com>
Invisible wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>>> "STALLMAN!!"
>>
>>> Having just looked this up on Wikipedia, it appears they're talking
>>> about a Richard Stallman
>>
>>   I still can't believe you are a computer nerd and don't know even
>> the most basic things about computers.
>
> You what?
>
> So if you know what a Polish reversed list is, you should also be
> familiar with various political figures? How does that work?

I returned home late last night and did not check p.o-t before going to
bed, it seems I missed a lot of fun.

Only two things to add.
1) apparently you see yourself as a pure mathematician, but that is not
your current job, nor the most likely next one.

2) Some ten years ago we wanted to throw a big party and a son of a
colleague of ours proposed to organize the music. He had played DJ at
many (school)parties, was interested in various kinds of music, had some
equipment and could easily arrange for the rest. We talked a bit to him
while organizing the party. It turned out that he had never heard of the
Beatles (he was about 17 years old at that time). That resulted in the
same lower jaw movement as your apparent unfamiliarity with e.g.
stallman, jobs and brown.