POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. : Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post.
From: St
Date: 18 Jan 2008 14:35:51
Message: <4790ff97@news.povray.org>
"Ian Burgmyer" <spe### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> 'ey, Steve! :)
>
> St. wrote:
>>      Heyup stranger! ;)  Still got the same car?
>
> Ah, I don't remember what the last car I actually talked about on here
> was. XD

     Heh, I do. It was the Toronado - you LOVED that car!   :)

> I'm on my second car -- a gold 1995 Saturn SC2, acquired in Spring 2003. I
> ended up getting rid of the big ol' '82 Toronado (I kept it in the family,
> though)

   Cool... cousin, nephew, SON??  ;)

> when gas prices started to go up.

   Oh, Oh, Oh... Tell me about it...  :o(

   Man, we've got it bad here in the UK with our 80%* tax on fuel... I don't
know how they do that...

    *I haven't a clue if that's correct or not.

The Saturn is a lot
> smaller, a lot lighter, a bit faster, and, strangely enough, a lot easier
> to work on.
>
> I don't have a picture on this computer or on my web space, but this is
> basically what it looks like:
>
> http://moneycentral.msn.com/articles/images/070115saturn.jpg

   Oooo, I've seen a few of those around here. Nice.

> Mine's a little bit dinged up from the previous owners using it as a
> battering ram (it's not THAT bad...a cracked piece and some dings in the
> paint), but it runs and it runs well. :)

    Yeah, the same as my old Rover 820, dinged slightly on the nearside
passenger door, (grrr) but at 14 years old and with only 48,000 *original*
miles on the clock, I simply laugh at the broken down newbies on the
motorway. They don't make 'em like they used to!  :)

>>      Nice to see you back.  :o)
>
> Good to be back, sir. :)

      Hey, stick around matey.

       ~Steve~