POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Happy Freaking Birthday To Me, Dammit : Re: Happy Freaking Birthday To Me, Dammit Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Freaking Birthday To Me, Dammit
From: Jim Charter
Date: 18 Jan 2008 13:52:48
Message: <4790f580@news.povray.org>
Sherry Shaw wrote:

> And, actually, it's not entirely true.  I actually got three
> e-cards--one from my sister, one from my freaking Allstate agent, and
> one from freaking Mensa.  And two of the freaking three can kiss my
> freaking butt.

Let's see, last year got a call from my mother,...and four males dressed
as females sang me Happy Birthday while riding in my cab.  That's it.

Mensa huh?

> Ya know, I was just reading the freaking POV general board, and there's
> this freaking person who keeps posting these freaking messages, like,
> "Oh, I don't know very much about POV, but I can't do this stuff,
> because I don't know very much about math either" and I keep having this
> overwhelming desire to respond with something like, "Read the freaking
> manual," or "Read a freaking math book" or maybe even "Turn your
> freaking hat around, pull up your freaking pants, and get a freaking
> job."  Now, that's not my usual freaking reaction to freaking newbies.
> My usual freaking reaction to freaking newbies is more like, "Oh, hello,
> I'm the evangelist of POV--bless you, my child--try this."  And even if
> it's freaking irrelevant, or even freaking wrong, I don't have this
> freaking desire to slap the freaking crap out of the freaking newbie,
> and then freaking slap him for freaking crapping.
>
> I have this horrible fear that I've become a bitter old woman.  And,
> just possibly, a crazy cat lady.  Should I seek counseling?

No, it's really just a function of reading certain n-g boards.  I
stopped reading new users long ago.

Counseling's fun if you can afford it.  It's a very pure form.  Pay some
one to sit there and listen while you piss and moan.  It really is fun.
  That said, I'll bet hang gliding is a lot better for you.

I remember dogs and turtles,... maybe even toads?  I was unaware of the
cats.  A coupla weeks back, appropos of nothing at all, mine just leapt
at me and sank its teeth, up to the gums, into my knuckles.  Rendered my
hand swollen and unusable for like a week.  Freakin' thing, I probably
forgot its freakin' birthday card.