POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. : Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post.
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 18 Jan 2008 12:14:23
Message: <4790de6f$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Of course I knew that was one of the methods, when I thought about it. I only
> vaguely recognised the name. In the UK, TV ratings are measured by the
> "Broadcasters Audience Research Board" but I've heard of the Nielsen TV Ratings
> for the US.

Ah, okay.

What kind of methods do the Broadcasters Audience Research Board (BARB?)
use?

> It sounds like a good job. Well done.

Thankie. :)

> Will you have to travel or will it be on site somewhere?

It depends on where I wind up.  If I end up in the Baltimore, MD, market
I think it's all going to be fairly close.  Some markets are spread out
kind of far from what I understand.

Nielsen gives out company cars, fortunately.  They're pretty generous
about using them for personal use, too.  You get a certain percentage of
personal miles for so many business miles that you drive; anything above
and beyond you have to pay a certain amount for (which, I believe, is
still cheaper than buying fuel).  About the only thing you can't do with
the company cars is take them out of the country...no biggie.

--
-Ian